Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Thursday (5/12): I am grateful for canned beans, and that we had a can of garbanzos handy, because I didn't hydrate the dried beans overnight or start our dinner preparations early enough to cook them before using them in the meal.

Friday (5/13):  I'm grateful for an evening spent with Chris; we straightened up the apartment and stayed up way too late watching the newest Harry Potter, but it was so much fun.

Saturday (5/14):  I'm grateful for a trip to Costco as a family with another family (and that they wanted to go even though they *apparently* didn't need the trip).  I am also really grateful for dinner with a friend at a Chinese restaurant.  Although the dinner he bought us was great, his friendship, company, and gift of homemade fudge (tangerine & chocolate, and a cookie crumble, nutty, salted fudge--both are heavenly) were definitely the best part.

Sunday (5/15):  I'm grateful that we were able to have a new (Ukrainian) friend spend the day with us--it was nice to have company for all three meals and church.  I am also really grateful for the reminder of what it was like to attend church in Kazakhstan (Chris did some translating for our friend during the third hour of church) as it helps me remember to appreciate the full understanding and lots of conversation I enjoy at our meetings here in the States.

Monday (5/16):  I am grateful for a friend's willingness to watch both girls--I had (for the first time) a few hours during the day in which I was child free.  I redefined productivity! ;)

Tuesday (5/17):  I am grateful for an overcast and breezy few hours at playgroup--the fresh, cool air felt so nice!

Wednesday (5/18):  I am grateful for Chris' help getting the house picked up last night, I find our home feels more peaceful from the get-go when I wake up to order.

For anyone that is interested, I have included a linky so that you can share your own Thankful Thursday post, just copy and paste the address to that specific page.  We'll see how this goes (and if I can find a free one after the 30-day trial ;D)! 

1 comment:

Tori said...

I love it. As always!

Oh... and I totally get the new definition of productivity. I've experienced this a bit as Jessie has been home... he can watch Jimmy. Ria, Kat and Tea play and I can work. 20 minutes turn into what I would normally do in a few hours if he were working all day (like at the job he left right before yall were here)! So much nicer to get it done in 20 minutes. But then I start to covet more of those groups of 20 minutes... sigh... my natural "man-ness"!